Monday, November 17, 2014

Home Away From Home

College was always an option because I was one to hold myself to higher standards. Despite coming from a financially challenged background was not going to stop me in any way. Yes I get it college isn't for everyone but I had no other choice. Born and raised in Los Angeles has been an eye opener but my eyes were more amazed when I began my first year in college. The diversity in the bay area where I attend school currently was very distinct although I was only a six hour drive from home. It was as if I was in a different state although I was not. Los Angeles has always been my home; I have always been used to the fast paced city and trends being common in the city of Los Angeles. 
The bay area is definitely colder than Los Angeles and I still have trouble adjusting. However everyone dress very differently. I had to gt used to this environment because it is where I decided to stay and complete my college career as an undergraduate. 
Just to provide some background I was not the child who was always home. I began to fulfill my hobby to travel in the seventh grade in middle school. I love my family dearly but traveling is what i truly love to do. Attending college away from home gave me some extra independence that I already had. My experience has been great and knowing I can always go back to my family is the greatest feeling. I call it going away from home but still being close at the same time. The bay area is my home away from home because the relationships I have built gives me comfort and blocks out the idea of being homesick. 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home